Is there something wrong with this install?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If so, how should the flue/plume kit have been installed? Image attached

Attachments

• plume kit.jpg
    plume kit.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It is a gas safety record and it doesnt pass or fail, it is a report of what is found at the time of visit, if the flue terminal is missing then the boiler should have been turned off and a waring label applied and noted on the gas record

Okay, according to the engineer a 'bird' could fly into the plume kit

So it is deemed to be 'at risk' and I need this and some plume pipe

1675261750596.png

1675261862306.png

Sponsored Links
It looks like the wire guard is missing from the elbow .I don't know if you can buy separate .
I can't get a hold of a wire guard.

Can the engineer just stick this on the end and be done with it?

1675418857761.png

The engineer did say that he also needs plume pipe but I cannot see why he needs that..

when I asked him, he just gave a waffly answer.

will still need a clip too though, but hardly a big job

Where would the clip go, given the green 'tiles'. I imagine them cracking if one tries to drill into them.. and I do not want to remove it?

Last edited:
Where would the clip go, given the green 'tiles'. I imagine them cracking if one tries to drill into them.. and I do not want to remove it?
No just drill the brick on the right hand side and connect it there, the plume terminal in the pic sadly you will need the complete terminal, then the exhaust part just pulls out and is pushed into the snorkel part, dont know about needing pipe though

Unless the vertical section of pipe (both ends plain) is replaced with a single-socketed pipe the flue cannot be installed in compliance with the manufacturers instructions. Of course the terminal fitting with bird guard is also needed.

Forum rules prohibit DIY gas advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back