Is there such a thing as a condensing shower fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a shower in a room without windows and very thick walls (2 ft thick). I want to vent the room properly with a fan but it will be difficult to supply ducting from the fan to an external wall.

Is there such a thing as a shower fan that is capable of condensing the water from the air before feeding it to a waste water pipe? I've seen a product that caps the shower itself and condenses air but this looks ugly and wouldn't fit the shower we have bought.

If such a product exists I wouldn't need to feed ducting through the house and create a vent on an external wall (which would require listed building consent - something I've already been refused for on a gas boiler vent).

Any ideas gratefully received.

Many thanks

Daron

Sponsored Links
You could duct it into the inlet of a dehumidifier. (Which is what you will need if you don't duct it outside).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back