Is there such a thing as cream caulk?

2 Mar 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've recently tiled my kitchen part way up the wall - cream tiles and a light green paint above.

I'd like to apply some cream caulk above the tiles to give it a neat finish.

I have magnolia caulk but fear this maybe a little bright, a little yellow.

However, searching for 'cream' caulk seems to bring me back to magnolia on most web sites.

So am I searching for something that doesn't exist, and should I use magnolia?


Sponsored Links
Most cream I've seen is yellower than magnolia ;) Assume you mean silicone sealant? Decorator's caulk is something you paint over.
Ah, thanks!

I do mean caulk - this is because on some of my skirtings and coving I have used caulk after decorating and I really like the smooth finish.

I'm guessing that in this instance, however, it'd be the wrong thing to do? I just prefer the smooth border rather than the harsh and often uneven line of paint.

Can you not find suitable edging/border tiles? I doubt caulk will stand up to water in a kitchen...
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

The edging looks okay but it's not a precise finish.

I don't think it needs to stand up to water as it's just the top of the tiles, about halfway up the walls. Or will moisture in general be an issue?

I don't think you'll find a cream decorator's caulk but there are numerous ivory coloured sealants out there that might be a better match for you than magnolia. These are often acrylic, rather than silicone, although both are available from various manufacturers. It may be worth looking for one of those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links