Is this a good deal for a new boiler??

Logic + better boiler.

Putting your neck out there PVM! I'm inclined to agree with you though considering I've fitted more of the ideals in the last year and non of the Worcesters.

For the op... The ideal is all brass inside, where as the WB is plastic. The ideal is actually better value... But I shouldn't say that!!! I've said too much. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The difference is really more to do with hot water output and boiler range, Worcester have three ranges the junior is the cheapest boiler the si is middle of the road and the CDI is top of the line, if you use the bath a lot I would recommend going for the 30si if you could afford it although I believe the price difference is only 80 pound. Why not ask for a price for the logic+30 that wouldn't break the bank and it seems to be a good boiler with plenty hot water

Bloody worcesters are playing on their name, too much plastic crap inside, have too many different models all doing the same damn thing confusing customers, the Logic+ has 7 years warranty at the minute, is easy to understand the differences between the 24 30 and 35 model, it's a no brainer.

I really don't know what to do now....I have one plumber offering me an Ideal +24 for £1470 with a 7 year warranty and another offering me the W/Bosch for £1550 also with the 7 year warranty.

The first plumber does not rate WB he says they are too plasticky and the second plumber doesn't rate Ideal he says they are crap and WB are THE best.

I just don't know what on earth to do for the best. It's such a lot of money for me to lay out especially as I only completed on the house three weeks ago so it is an expense I really hadn't anticipated.

Sponsored Links
Pick the one that will be easy to work on and repair when the warranty is up, that will be the Logic+, the Worcesters are stupidly complicated to work on compared to the Logic+, example, the the Logic+ fan comes out in about 60 seconds, the Worcester doesn't, the Logic+ doesn't need Co and Co2 faffing around with, the Worcester does, the list goes on, BUT, whichever boiler of any make, it's life and reliability will be marked by how properly it is fitted and commissioned and maintained.

People fitting Worcesters have to as to get their benefits need to fit a lot each years so dont fit many other makes.

Ideal have a history of problem designs but the Logic seems a pretty reasonable boiler although its rather new to the market.

Worcester have the best customer service and Ideal seem to upset installers although I used to get a lot of help although I kind of knew the technical manager there.

Tony

Then why does Kevin have his posting line as Ideal dont honour their warranty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back