Is this a isolation valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a isolation valve?

Washing Machine Valve.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, but as per my previous reply, in your previous thread, you could turn it and it could leak, not turn off, or close, but not open again. Are you really against getting a plumber out?

Sponsored Links
What's on the other side of the valve? Show us a picture. It looks to be compression fitting.

Tell us why it isn't doable, but doable by plumber?
There’s another post where he can’t turn the water off, a plumber can change the stopcock and then OP can have a go at changing this himself, or get the plumber to do both.

There’s another post where he can’t turn the water off, a plumber can change the stopcock and then OP can have a go at changing this himself, or get the plumber to do both.
The plumber still has to find the water meter for the outside valve, no different to the OP finding it himself.

The plumber still has to find the water meter for the outside valve, no different to the OP finding it himself.
Correct, but if you cared to read the other thread, this has been suggested, rather than just argue the toss with me!

Attachments

• 93602B5D-9665-41E4-AFB0-458E495BAEB8.jpeg
    93602B5D-9665-41E4-AFB0-458E495BAEB8.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 24
I did read. No attempt was made to emphasize it. Perhaps the plumbers want to save the job for themselves? Understandable with the country going down the sh*t hole. It should be a no-brainer because everybody should have a meter, unless the OP is in an apartment with a shared meter. Even then he would have an outside stopcock.

Well, you can lead a horse to water…..

Horses are not born experts in plumbing. Given some patience, they will eventually get it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back