Is this a push fit right angle? Can it be removed easily?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post here and would really appreciate the help.
I realised last week that we have a mouse or rat problem and whilst waiting for my traps to be delivered the little bugger has gnawed through a plumbing fitting! Awoke this morning to the sound of spraying water behind the kitchen units. I turned the water off and finally managed to find where the leak is. Although I'm a little unsure what type of fitting it is. The majority of the fittings are push fitting with screw ends that should be relatively easy to replace whereas the one that has been eaten is a plastic right angle with metal caps - I'm unsure if it is a push fitting (image attached). The one that has been eaten is actually the one behind in the shadow although they are the same. Any idea if this fitting can be easily removed so that I can replace it with a similar push fitting with screw caps?

http://imgur.com/IzSDK2o
plumbing angle.jpg

Cheers, Ryan.

Sponsored Links
It looks like Marley Equator, if so they require a plastic tool to Demounting them.
Have a look on the Marley Equator site to check it's definitely correct and to get the part number for the Demounting tool, they are listed on eBay.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response guys :) The local plumb centre stocks the marley demounting tool so will give that a try and replace with a standard push/screw fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back