Is this anaconda too much bent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[/img]

It's all legal; I was working under a GS guy and I have a certificate to allow me to do this, but I am wondering if this image shows an anaconda that is a bit overstretched to be within regs?

Sponsored Links
the regs say the ridges in the anaconda ahould not be touching each other as they will trap condensation/moisture and could rot, these dont look as if they are touching but it does look as if the ananconda is " a wee bit" (not quite a technical term :oops: ) streched, and may be subject to undue stress, looking at the pic it would be a 2 min job to reposition the meter bracket to a better position then repipe the outlet.
HOWEVER i'm less than impressed to see a work in progress like this with no temp continuity bond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope the meters disced, youll have an inspector after you :eek:

the meter doesn't need a disc in it, he has done let by and TT :eek: so has proved the ECV is sound and off, he is using compression fittings so doesnt need to remove the meter, he is on site (he took a pic) so only needs to disc the meter if he is leaving the site without connecting the outlet.

Sponsored Links
I will have to photoshop the earth strap from the second image into the first...

The installation had no earth bonding in the first place! Plus there were initially 2 anacondas on it....

Looked a bit better at the end;

still no earth bonding though.

The GS blokes get ****ed off if you start telling them how it should actually be done properly!!

I will have to photoshop the earth strap from the second image into the first...

The installation had no earth bonding in the first place! Plus there were initially 2 anacondas on it....

Looked a bit better at the end;

still no earth bonding though.

The GS blokes get p****d off if you start telling them how it should actually be done properly!!

i dont agree that it looks better finished, it states quite clearly in BS6400 that gas meters should be fitted upright :LOL:

looks a lot neater than a new 16 cubic meter meter I saw at a Dr's surgery when I was fitting trv's. They have bent the anaconda much more torturously plonked the meter on skewif and the counter sticks out at the front so the cupboard doors won't shut.

If flux drips on them wipe it and clean it as they rot in less than a year if left

Although I think its probably OK, the easiest solution would be to get a longer anaconda if they were available! BES 6283 at 455mm perhaps!

Once acquired it would take about five minutes to fit and less than drilling and cleaning up afterwards.

Tony

The anacondas and governors now come made up by a machine and you would need king kongs assistance to split them so no it would not be quicker than rehanging the bracket

Although I think its probably OK, the easiest solution would be to get a longer anaconda if they were available! BES 6283 at 455mm perhaps!

Once acquired it would take about five minutes to fit and less than drilling and cleaning up afterwards.

Tony

i dont agree, as he would have needed to source the gear, he was on site and before he repiped it he could have moved the meter to the left, used the original left hand screw hole for the new right hand one and only had to drill one new hole, a job that would have taken 5 mins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back