Could someone tell me what this is???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone tell me what this does on my boiler? I am using around 100 liters for 40 hours usage it seems like a lot to me just wondering is something turned up too much.

Many thanks

Stuart Miskelly

Sponsored Links
Its the air inlet door for a Riello RDB burner, Stuart.
Resist fiddling with it unless you have a flue gas analyser......seriously.
John :)

lol thats great thank you.
If it wasnt adjusted right would it make any difference to fuel usage?
Or is there anything that can make my boiler easier to run??

thanks

Setting burners up is all about oil pump pressure and air admittance, really - and therefore it does need the correct equipment.
Every boiler / burner has its own specification....the oil pressure could be anywhere between 100 and 150 psi really, and the carbon dioxide in the flue gas somewhere between 10% and 12%.
So - adjusting haphazardly won't make your burner any better - in fact it could start overfiring and generate excess heat on the heat exchanger jacket, for example. It could also burn out the flue baffles in the boiler.
I can only recommend that your boiler flue ways are swept and cleaned regularly - at least once a year. This will make your system as efficient as possible.
To save oil usage - turn the room or boiler thermostat down - and I'm not trying to be patronising here!
John :)

Sponsored Links
many thanks for the replies going by all that useful information you give i am way out of my depth lol think its time to get someone to give it a good service and check it over for me.

many thanks for the info

stuart

2.25 lts per hour is not particularly thirsty. What boiler is it fitted to (name and size)?
How big is your house?
How long have you got it programmed for?
Your answers may help to give you more advice.

I have attached a pic of my boiler thats the most info i have on it.
I live in a semi detached house with 3 bedrooms and its 2 story not very big and its well insulated.

It is set to come on 2 hours in the morning and then we just use it 2 hours at a time when and if we need it.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back