Is this anything to be concerned about?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm interested in a house, and from the photos I've seen it appears to be in fantastic condition, well looked after and has had some care put into it. However, externally I've noticed a light patch on the render outside. As a clue-less first-time-buyer, I wanted to ask if it looks like something I should be worried about. Yes, I plan on getting a decent survey done, but of course, if it's a sign of something bad, I don't want to have to pay to find out!

There's a light patch on the front under the window. I've yet to see the house, but internally from the pictures I couldn't see any evidence whatsoever of mold or cracks etc.

Is this evidence of some patch work? Some re-rendering? What could it be? Is it anything to be concerned about? If so, what could it mean in termsl of costs / possible damage?

Thanks

Attachments

• render.jpg
    render.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
Your photo is rubbish so its hard to tell - typically, staining is a result of some kind of water activity.

You're right, I didn't realise it would be so small - I'm working with the image from the agent here. I've enlarged it. Would staining be lighter than the rest or darker?

Attachments

• render.jpg
    render.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
There's indications of moisture penetration of the dash. - but in terms of buying a house it almost mickey mouse.
Go and visit the property dont start making judgement calls based on blurry snaps.

Sponsored Links
is moisture penetration costly to fix if it was there? I assume it causes black mold?

Hi MarkusM,

any chance you can take a high res image and post it up please. Include the lowest portion of the wall and the ground directly below also.

Hi MarkusM,

any chance you can take a high res image and post it up please. Include the lowest portion of the wall and the ground directly below also.
Will do as soon as I can get to view the property - estate agent apparently not able to contact owner...

There are various degrees of moisture penetration of dash or render mostly its merely surface staining - there's no way of knowing whats happening without being on site.

Dont believe a word any estate agent tells you - they lie for a living.

Dont believe a word any estate agent tells you - they lie for a living.
Yep, I hate them already. I think this one is playing the waiting game until after xmas to get more eyes on the house to encourage the price to increase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back