Is this apple tree diseased?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some aldi fruit trees recently and put them in a field. One has a kind from two tone coloured bark thing going on and my guess is its not a new fashion trend? Anyone know more about this? The others I bought are showing leaves but not this one
Thanks

Attachments

• 20190510_195428.jpg
    20190510_195428.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20190510_195402.jpg
    20190510_195402.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
Is it the same variety as the other trees? Strange that you've no leaves on the one in question if they are the same and do they all have the multicoloured bark? There's a few things that can cause no leaves but it's fair to say that no leaves normally shows an unhappy tree. I'd give it a little TLC for a few months and see how you get on. Clear the ground at the base of the tree so it doesn't compete with grass, weeds etc for nutrients which young trees struggle with. Give it a feed (not too much or often on young trees), keep it watered, cover the base with a mulch and also make sure it's supported well in the ground and isn't being blown around in the wind (a lot of young fruit trees don't like that). It'll become apparent soon if the tree can't be saved and or is already dead but it's worth a little TLC to see if can get it up and running.

Sponsored Links
I can't see any sign of disease at all, but it doesn't look very chirpy. I'd go with sodthisforfun's suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back