1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this apple tree diseased?

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by nuzuki, 14 May 2019.

1. nuzuki

nuzuki

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bought some aldi fruit trees recently and put them in a field. One has a kind from two tone coloured bark thing going on and my guess is its not a new fashion trend? Anyone know more about this? The others I bought are showing leaves but not this one
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. EddieM

EddieM

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks ok to me.

3. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is it the same variety as the other trees? Strange that you've no leaves on the one in question if they are the same and do they all have the multicoloured bark? There's a few things that can cause no leaves but it's fair to say that no leaves normally shows an unhappy tree. I'd give it a little TLC for a few months and see how you get on. Clear the ground at the base of the tree so it doesn't compete with grass, weeds etc for nutrients which young trees struggle with. Give it a feed (not too much or often on young trees), keep it watered, cover the base with a mulch and also make sure it's supported well in the ground and isn't being blown around in the wind (a lot of young fruit trees don't like that). It'll become apparent soon if the tree can't be saved and or is already dead but it's worth a little TLC to see if can get it up and running.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. StephenStephen

StephenStephen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I can't see any sign of disease at all, but it doesn't look very chirpy. I'd go with sodthisforfun's suggestions