Is This Artex, and How To Deal With It

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can advise me on how best to deal with my ceiling, which I want to be skimmed.

It looks like Artex, and I've read on here about PVA first before skimming, but as the pics show certain amounts are cracking. The roof was leaking when we first moved in and it dripped through the ceiling and caused the flaking/cracking.

Little pieces come off quite easily, so I'm wary whether PVA followed by skim will work.

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

Also, Is it actually Artex? Looking at the first pic, if you look at where the bottom cornice edge meets the wall, there is some of the texture on there. Could it be textured paint?

If it is Artex I'm concerned about the whole asbestos thing that I've only just heard about.

Many thanks,

Tim

Sponsored Links
over board and skim m8te dont even bother to try and skim that were you at then m8te

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back