Is This Bloke Completely Barking.............

I wonder how much a 250W panel and inverter costs, and whether this whizzo scheme is economically viable.

As it is a 250W element, it might need a bigger panel as I believe they mostly run below their nominal output.

Nice blue overalls. I bet he uses boss white and hemp, not PTFE.

Sponsored Links
I've lost track of the number of times I've had "conversations" with people that genuinely believe that it costs the same to heat "a full tank" of water when you only drew off (say) half a tank as it would if you started from cold. So this sort of thing doesn't surprise me in the least.

My mother told me off for leaving electric sockets switched on when there was nothing plugged in; the electric would run out onto the floor and be wasted. She grew up a long way from electric lights.

There again, she never tried to pass on her technical wisdom with a Youtube video. It's called You Tube for a reason.

Some people haven't had the benefit of the technical education that we now take for granted, not because they're thick, more that I (we) were just lucky.

He really made life difficult for himself. If he just wanted to heat hot water why not install a twin coil cylinder and pumped system.
Nah, that would be too easy - and probably far too efficient.

I wonder how much a 250W panel and inverter costs, and whether this whizzo scheme is economically viable.
And I was also thinking, why bother with the inverter ? Just feed the DC into the heater. Allowing for the DC not being 250V, you might find that a standard immersion heater would do as a load.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back