Is this DPC level correct for rendering ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Looking at the picture below, I am concerned that that the builder has placed the angle beads at the wrong level. To provide some context the higher level where the class 2 engineer bricks stops is the actual DPC level inside the house, however I have decided to have the porch slightly lowered so I don't have to have a big step going into the property.

My concern is that placing the beads at the current level might introduce rising damp, although the render is a thin coat system where a cement based basecoat is used, and then a silicone render on top of it.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 19.44.33.jpeg

Sponsored Links
render should finish with a bell cast bead at DPC level....or at least thats best practice, certainly for conventional render

bridging the DPC is not good practice

How are you dealing with damp rising on the inside between the floor level and the higher DPC?

Sponsored Links
How are you dealing with damp rising on the inside between the floor level and the higher DPC?
Thought one could have a membrane wrapped all around the edges for precisely that reason, and then the DPM as well. The proposed floor is concrete, so i would have thought wrap a 450mm DPC all around the edges + DPM, 100mm celotex insulation and then concrete ontop of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back