Is this ethical & legal?

RF Lighting said:
Do you have enough knowledge of electrical systems to fully first fix a house? Personally I would never suggest this to a customer. If he is happy to let you do the work then that is ok, but it will be his name and signature on the certificate at the end of the job.

He is going to issue you with certificates, right?

Mr RF, thats a a bit of a contradiction. ;) You post good advise on here for both first and second fix to faceless people. Some of them are competent and some are clearly not but with good advise they get the job done. IMO, first fixing under the direct on-site supervision of a sparks can be done by almost anybody and it can save the customer a small fortune. As long as its done right testing and certification is a formality.

Fionhun, If your sparks is happy to hold your hand go for it. And if you want some fee advise check out my web site

Sponsored Links
As I understood (or perhaps misunderstood) the OP was going to be left to their own devices to first fix the rewire, with an electrician coming to second fix it without supervision / advice. If the intention is to first fix it under supervision of the electrician who will be signing off the work then that is slightly different. If this is the case then, with the level of supervision required to make sure the installation is done properly, surely the electrician would be just as quick to do the work himself with the customer labouring for him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back