is this gas pipe installed to current standards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is this gas pipe installed to current standards?

I can see a sleeve on the inside wall but it's not visible from the outside. Is this acceptable?

PXL_20210608_114130499.jpg
PXL_20210608_114006557.jpg
PXL_20210608_113854723.jpg
PXL_20210608_113837545.jpg

Sponsored Links
No, it should be sleeved continuously through the wall and sealed on the inside only

Should that bonding actually be inside instead of open to the rain etc?

This is looking like the house of horrors!

What did the survey say about the crack?

Should of walked away from this one Jim!!

Andy

Sponsored Links
No, it should be sleeved continuously through the wall and sealed on the inside only
Can I just push the sleeve back a little bit myself so it comes out of the other side? and can I unseal/seal it myself? - or is all this RGI territory?

Btw can you tell if the sleeve is the correct type? what material should it be?

Should that bonding actually be inside instead of open to the rain etc?
Should be inside, in an accessible location, ideally before any branches in the pipework. Within 600mm of it entering is often suggested but isn't mandatory.

Outside halfway up the side of a house is certainly not ideal, but it's better than nothing.
Some clamps are suitable for use outside. Others are not.

The grey cable below isn't good either as it and the clips securing it are not suitable for use outside.

@muggles @mattylad
by the way I just found this in the meter box.. does this mean the bonding should be inside the house? which is about 3-4 metres away from the box

Can I just reposition the bonding to be inside the house? it would be underneath floorboards

PXL_20210711_120339260.jpg

PXL_20210711_120332997.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back