Is this is a leaking bath or my imagination :) ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a converted first floor flat and my partner lives in the top floor above me. Directly above my bedroom is her bathroom. Every time we flush the loo the pipes make a right old racket - knocking about. However this doesn't bother me - however last night I kept hearing a noise every 10-15 mins from the area above my bed (which is her actual bath). It sounded like either a small knocking of pipes or a large drip (although the space between the bath and floor/ceiling can't be that big). I could not hear any noise when in her bathroom when I went up there. This morning I was convinced I could see a small brown mark above the bed suggesting an old leak.

We don't use her bath - only the sink/loo (we use my bath instead as it is a much newer bathroom) so it can't be from drained water. I am a little paranoid at the moment as we have just fixed our flat roof due to leaks in the said bathroom itself (oh there would have been drained water then I suppose as the leak went directly into the bath)!

Any thoughts on what this could be (and whether it is an expensive fix)?

Sponsored Links
Limited information. The only way of being certain will be to remove the bath panel and get your hands under there. Quite possible it's the tap connector which will cost 1p to replace and £? in tools / plumber to do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back