Is this isolator any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I didn't want to gate crash a previous thread that we were commenting on so I thought id start fresh. Anyway, im having to extend my meter tails to around 5 meters from the meter to the CU and Ive previously found a decent switch fuse to use. But I ve just stumbled across this:

HAGER VC02SW

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAGER-VC0...ls_Supplies_Electrical_ET&hash=item461783bad8

Just wondering, would it do the job? If I found this in a shop like TLC then I wouldn't be asking but as its ebay I thought id check here first to get opinions.

Many thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi

I know it wasn't a switch fuse but im guessing it must have a fuse in it as when I searched on google the model, it said 100 A. would it be suitable to extended meter tails?

No, no fuse in that. The switch is RATED at 100 A, not fused.

You need one with a fuse.

Sponsored Links
No. 100A is just the amount of current it can carry / switch. It does not contain any sort of fuse.

That's great. thanks for all your replies. Ill stick to the slightly bulkier option on the switch fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back