Is this just pure lazyness

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Not the end of the world I know as its just a telephone exchange but it's indicative of the standard of contractors work for BT when no one bothers to check the work
Screenshot_20220205-081304_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-081254_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-081241_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-081231_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored Links
Pressfit fittings as well.
It's almost deliberately rubbish.

* I like pressfit fittings. The point is that they are a ****ing piece of **** to fit so doing this right would have probably taken less effort.

Jesus h christ and someone paid for that an apprentice in his first couple of months could do better

So sad.
He had a press gun and fittings and was clearly capable of pulling a bend.
As above it's almost deliberate, a bizarre way of doing it.
Perhaps he was told to only use stand off clips.

Sponsored Links
That's truly awful
Back in the day we were term contractors to P S A so did the work in telephone exchanges.
The columns were a standard part of design you could just get 2 90 bends tight enough together to make offset round them .
On longer runs I quite often used a 6mt length round 3 columns with no joints!

So sad.
He had a press gun and fittings and was clearly capable of pulling a bend.
As above it's almost deliberate, a bizarre way of doing it.
Perhaps he was told to only use stand off clips.
Or piped it like that so that smalls can be placed on the pipes to dry out. Bet you guys never thought of that did you

Last edited:
Worked on BT sites back in the day, this kind of thing not unusual. There was no interest in how it looked.

Worked on BT sites back in the day, this kind of thing not unusual. There was no interest in how it looked.

Remind me about it- Had to be functional and durable

Looking at the pipe, you have to admit the fitter is skilled user of pipe bender:p:p

Last edited:
The industrial look is in . Looks like an office, not that that’s any excuse. It’s likely how they were told to do it.

Not an office but a landing area on a run of stairs from ground floor upto 4th, this is just one level - the 3rd floor, all the exchanges have heating in them but many are turned of or decommissioned as exchanges became automated and no bugger worked from them bar the visiting openreach engineers but they're in and out, they also have adiabatic air conditioning in as well to keep the heat down generated from the miles of cables and servers and other apparatus, this one though is a recent install and was on, now I'm no plumber at all but to me it should have been formed around the pillars but yes that's more work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back