Is this legal? Plastic pipe -> Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of buying a house in need of some work.

It had a rear extension around 6 years ago, where the old kitchen was, a utility area now hides a section of it away, this utility room has not been finished off like the areas outside of it, so it is a slight odd experience going from a show home kitchen to then look behind the scenes at what you are about to see below.

I was showing a mate of mine, pictures of the house in general and upon him spotting the boiler, he pointed out that the plastic pipes are illegal and that plastic shouldn't be used within 1.5m..

So I wanted to ask on here, your opinions on this setup.

I do intend on sorting this room out, boarding and boxing things away but I now have some concern on the boiler.

I have had a home buyers survey carried out and they have not flagged anything. I know they don't test appliances but I thought, if plastic pipes are an issue, this would be something that is identified.

51000006701_718c5100c8_c.jpg

One of the plastic pipes stretches down to meet a copper pipe coming through the wall which leads to an outside tap.

50999303393_132e680de3_c.jpg

Cheers for any help, we are at the final stage of purchase on this place, literally just awaiting the local authority search, then we find our moving in date.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
that is a Worcester boiler , they dont allow any PE within 600mm of the boiler, last 600mm must be copper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back