Is this Legal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have an old Potterton Netaheat Boiler which provides heat and water to a 4 bed detached house with 11 Radiatiors.
I want to change the Boiler and the Radiators which are 23 years old.

The piping is micro bore. I have had a quote from a plumber to remove and install a new Veissman Boiler and the 11 radiators. Once the new boiler is installed his mate comes to certify as he is CORGI registered.

None of the Micro Bore pipeing is beng changed as it runs into the walls on the ground floor etc.
Can the installer get a CORGI to certify his work and does the price of £3000 sound too cheap?
Many thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Report both of them to Corgi (although it will make little difference) both are working illegally....and don't even think of using them.

£3k & NOT changing the piping?

jeez thats expensive too. (IMO)

£3k & NOT changing the piping?

jeez thats expensive too. (IMO)
3k expensive? that's a bit worrying, just had an apollo fanfare removed along with the cylinder and new wb30si installed in the kitchen rather than the airing cupboard, minimal pipework changes due to very nearby new location, no new rads, no new pipework other than the bit of re-work and I paid 2400+vat which apparently included a powerflush, so that must be really expensive? BG came in at £4.4k which included my discount for having their heating cover!

Sponsored Links
Hi All
I ahve an old Potterton Netaheat Boiler which provides heat and water to a 4 bed detached house with 11 Radiatiors. I want to have the Boilers and the Radiators which are 23 years old. The pipeing is micro bore. I have had a quote from a plumber to remove and install a new Veissman Boiler and the 11 radiators.

If this is for a new heat only Viesmann boiler plus 11 new rads then its not that expensive.

It all depends very much if the existing rads are of metric lengths!

However, as previously stated, its illegal for that installer to fit a gas boiler and for a CORGi to come later.

The installer could fit all the rads but the CORGI must fit the boiler's wall bracket, fit the flue, fit the gas supply and commission and notify the installation to CORGI.

Tony

3K FOR BOILER ETC AND 11 RADS is a good price as for it being illegal you probably know it is otherwise you would not be asking.
But if the guy is coming on recommendation and has done work for friends and family then its prob ok .
There is a lot of guys out there working who are not registered for one reason or another but are more experienced and know more and do a far better job than a lot of corgi guys.
But if your going on price alone thats just asking for trouble

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back