Is this normal!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new roof done and I'm a little concerned as to the standard of finish. Is this normal!? New home owner and first time employing a roofer, so Im not sure what it should look like, flashing and pointing wise.

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_165352.jpg
    IMG_20201020_165352.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20201020_165251.jpg
    IMG_20201020_165251.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
Ha, ok.. so it's definitely not right with the responses so far. Why can't getting someone to do a job be easy, ay!? :( Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
He's smudged all over lead, and that will be falling off in weeks as the lead moves.

It's not just bad, but totally wrong.

Ha, ok.. so it's definitely not right with the responses so far. Why can't getting someone to do a job be easy, ay!? :( Thanks guys.
No disrespect meant, however did you get a couple of quotes for the job from actual roofers / roofing contractors? In short, are the folk who did this passing themselves off as being skilled in roof work?

I dread to think how many of us pay for work to be done (out of sight out of mind type work) that's either done to a poor standard or not correctly whatsoever.

I did, 3 quotes, good website, yell reviews, my builder reviews... But an awkward hang out my top bedroom window to look how clean the gutters were and seen this. All looks great from the ground.

Laziness!? Rushed job? Apprentice!? reluctant to call them back, might get someone else to do the flashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back