Is this OK? - lighting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When a new light was added in my downstairs toilet the previous owner/electrician took a live feed straight from the CU rather than the nearest ceiling rose.

Is this practice OK? I was going to re-route the feed so that it came from a ceiling rose, but it would be closest and easiest to just pickup from the CU. In theory I can't see it being a problem as it makes no difference to the circuit, but didn;t know if it was good practice for each way to only have one cable on the load (or two if a ring).

Sponsored Links
As long as it comes from one of the lighting MCBs, it's fine. Clearly if you kept on doing it there would come a point where too many cables meant you couldn't tighten the screw properly, but 2 is not that point...

Yeah, taken from the downstair lighting fuse - I'll do the same then as it is closest point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back