Is this paint dodgy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a time of Dulux wall and ceiling Matt from B&Q (yes I know) and upon opening it, it’s thicker than anything I’ve ever seen before. I’ve been stirring it for 10 minutes and it’s hardly losened. It’s lumpy and has a consistency of something like extra extra thick double cream. It doesn’t run off the stirrer, more drops in lumps.

Attachments

• 8C607B77-9B59-4953-8676-1CA2C20466DD.jpeg
    8C607B77-9B59-4953-8676-1CA2C20466DD.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 244
Sponsored Links
No, that's normal. Dulux have changed their paint, it is now very very thick. I did my living room with it last year and it was fine, though did need a good stir. But yes, it's much thicker than it used to be.

How long ago did you get it? I've not been able to get any paint from B&Q as they're doing 'essential items only'.

No, that's normal. Dulux have changed their paint, it is now very very thick. I did my living room with it last year and it was fine, though did need a good stir. But yes, it's much thicker than it used to be.

How long ago did you get it? I've not been able to get any paint from B&Q as they're doing 'essential items only'.

Thanks. The only Dulux I’ve used in the last few years has been whites from Dulux decorator centre.

We only got it today. It’s bending the stirrer to the point I think it’s going to break. How long do I need to stir this bugger for? What consistency should it be?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. The only Dulux I’ve used in the last few years has been whites from Dulux decorator centre.

We only got it today. It’s bending the stirrer to the point I think it’s going to break. How long do I need to stir this bugger for? What consistency should it be?

I keep lengths of dowling for stirring. It will still be thick. I know my dad said he watered his down, but I didn't. If brushing you'll find it lays off fine. If rolling you'll have to just make sure it's not on the roller too thick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back