Is this pipework run ok?

Do they have to be insulated? it's only about 1.5 metres.

So long as the pipe is protected from having the cement attack it and is a little free to move in the concrete, I don't see the point in insulation. Any heat loss will warm up the concrete, the floor and into the rooms.

Sponsored Links
So long as the pipe is protected from having the cement attack it and is a little free to move in the concrete, I don't see the point in insulation. Any heat loss will warm up the concrete, the floor and into the rooms.

The insulation is for this purpose

Sponsored Links
Still not clear - which purpose or did you mean all of them I mentioned?
Putting insulation around the pipe keeps cement/filler/plaster off the pipe allowing for the copper pipe to expand and retract at its leisure, it stops the potential of any adverse reaction from the cement on the pipes, it also stops that particular part of wall/floor from getting heated, which may cause problems with he flooring type being applied, or if it's in the wall may cause paint to crack or wallpaper to peel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back