is this possible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All been a while since i've posted but once again i need some advice.

If you look at the pic below

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Gnzyza/?action=view&current=DSCF0018.jpg

is it possible to drop that walkway around the house. my house is the only one thats semms to have it. i want to open up the front and level it to get it bricked and build a garage down the side. but i need to know if this can be removed easily and if you know of the sort of costs invloved.

its only the front and down the side that need doing.

thanks

Sponsored Links
anything is possible!

the only potential restrictions are shallow drains, shallow foundations or spalled brickwork below the level of the path.

i suppose raising the ground adjacent to the path is not an option?

but yes, apart from the above comments, looking at the photo i can see no problem with dropping the path.

you will need to add a step up to the front and side doors though.

are those door thresholds at different heights? is there a step down in the house?

thanks for replying, the doors are threshold to the height of the floor inside i.e no step down.

I think the foundation are deep enough as my neighbours (semi) doesn't have the path but the two building are the same height etc ... if that makes sense.

A very long time ago the house belonged to a disabled person so thats why i think the path was made.

So presuming all is ok to remove that, im going to get some quotes from a few people and get back and post the prices and would appreciate your advice on that.

By looking at the pics would you know a rough price i should be looking at to drop the path and level the front in line with the rest??

Many thanks

GnzYza said:
By looking at the pics would you know a rough price i should be looking at to drop the path and level the front in line with the rest??

Many thanks

£600ish give or take.

Sponsored Links
Thats not bad, ill get some quotes see how they come in.

Thanks for all Ya help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back