Is this real proof Tories are flogging the NHS?

So what price will a packet of 16 Paracetamol cost, and what about your Ritalin ? It's the price list I want to look at.

Ritalin about $70 in the US , so you should buy some now before it gets too much. (y)

Sponsored Links
Ritalin about $70 in the US , so you should buy some now before it gets too much. (y)
So how much do you pay for it here (if not on the NHS) ? A lot of things are cheaper in the States than here, even taking into account the exchange rate now. I wanted to know what WE will be paying, not how much the Americans are paying, and seeing as you've read all the details, you must know.

I did it seems you are head in the sand again.

Singapore on the Thames fantasist.
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and show us the relevent sections of the document.

Or is this where you start throwing around the insults again.

need to believe that this is a story to try and steer the attention away from Corbyn's awful handling of the Labour Anti-semitism crisis

I am no Corbyn fan -he has handled anti semitism badly

I notice you are repeating the narrative of Tory MPs -deflect the discussion on the NHS by banging o about Corbyn.

Sponsored Links
Why would you pay £10 for something that says £5 on the price sticker?

The NHS by its buying power gets to negotiate hard on prices. The only reason its up for discussion in the US/UK Trade talks is that we will be trading less with the EU so we need to entice the US to trade more with us - this will involve opening up our markets and lowering our standards.

You know the balance of power rests witht he US - who is going to win out - their lower standards or our higher standards?

By Brexit we are forcing ourselves to trade more with the US than the EU for no reason other than ideology and that Brexit must be done.

If we accept the US standards trading with the EU becomes harder, so we want to throw away that trade with the EU in the hope the US will pick up some of the slack.

Madness.

Yes; so you've said on a number of occasions.

It isn't an answer to the question though.

Ok, say UK stays in EU.
What is to stop the government from paying more for the drugs (as per the US' request) anyway? (By some other arrangement than a trade deal trade-off, which would be prohibited by dint of membership of the EU?)

What say you, on the question above?

I am no Corbyn fan -he has handled anti semitism badly

I notice you are repeating the narrative of Tory MPs -deflect the discussion on the NHS by banging o about Corbyn.
That is true. But that's because i agree with the Tory MP's that this latest set of 'the tories are selling out the NHS and here's the documents to prove it' is Labour trying to deflect away from Corbyn's latest anti semitism crisis.

So how much do you pay for it here (if not on the NHS) ? A lot of things are cheaper in the States than here, even taking into account the exchange rate now. I wanted to know what WE will be paying, not how much the Americans are paying, and seeing as you've read all the details, you must know.
Can't buy it unless prescribed.
I think it's safe to say that drugs are not something that is cheaper in the States than here.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/10/why-prescription-drugs-in-the-us-cost-so-much.html

I wouldn't want the skint NHS spending lots more. Some drugs that are excellent are already too expensive for the NHS to stock. I don't want to run the risk of that happening with more drugs?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/apr/11/gamechanging-cancer-drug-rejected-for-use-on-nhs

Can't buy it unless prescribed.
I think it's safe to say that drugs are not something that is cheaper in the States than here.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/10/why-prescription-drugs-in-the-us-cost-so-much.html

I wouldn't want the skint NHS spending lots more. Some drugs that are excellent are already too expensive for the NHS to stock. I don't want to run the risk of that happening with more drugs?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/apr/11/gamechanging-cancer-drug-rejected-for-use-on-nhs
The reason they are expensive in the US is that you are paying retail for them, over here prescription drugs are the cost ( to the user)of a prescription on the NHS, what's that 5 or 6 quid ? If you use a private health insurance like BUPA they will be charged the going rate for drugs.

Yes; so you've said on a number of occasions.

It isn't an answer to the question though.

What say you, on the question above?

It's a pointless question. Whats stopping me from leaving an extra £10 at the Till? The point is WHY?

You seem to think that if we can already pay more now, why don't we. Go back and pay an extra £10k to the person you bought your house from.

Yes i have. You like fact checking. Why don't you post on here the bits that you think are the 'smoking gun' for us all to see.
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and show us the relevent sections of the document.

Or is this where you start throwing around the insults again.

I did. But you seem to be too afraid to read them. Looks like you lied and haven't read them.

UK-US Trade & Investment Working Group 13-14 November 2017 pg 44-52
UK-US Trade & Investment Working Group 10 – 11 July 2018 pg

That is true. But that's because i agree with the Tory MP's that this latest set of 'the tories are selling out the NHS and here's the documents to prove it' is Labour trying to deflect away from Corbyn's latest anti semitism crisis.

Why, is anti-semitism a hot topic for you?

Last edited:
If you wan to do a trade deal with the US they will want your markets to be open for US companies. Look at the analysis of the new NAFTA deal the US negotiated with Mexico and Canada who combined have a GDP a tad more than the UK.

So there is a template how the US runs these trade discussions, they have recently signed one with two countried with the combined GDP slightly more than the US - analysis has been done on the effects on public health due to the new Trade deal -all linked in an earlier post on this thread.

Why are you so blind to what will happen?

I did. But you seem to be too afraid to read them. Looks like you lied and haven't read them.

UK-US Trade & Investment Working Group 13-14 November 2017 pg 44-52
UK-US Trade & Investment Working Group 10 – 11 July 2018 pg
Ok, but which paragraphs on which pages are the 'smoking gun'

I've linked to the documents below to make it easier for you to find them.

https://www.scribd.com/document/437...Talks-3-Official-sensitive-High-level-readout
https://www.scribd.com/document/437...Talks-1-Official-sensitive-High-level-readout

It's a pointless question. Whats stopping me from leaving an extra £10 at the Till? The point is WHY?

You seem to think that if we can already pay more now, why don't we. Go back and pay an extra £10k to the person you bought your house from.

Stop avoiding the question (a line you use, from time to time (y))

You seem to think that if we can already pay more now, why don't we.

No such thing; I just asked you a genuine question, which you are incapable / frightened of answering.

Sponsored Links
Back