Is this rising damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house lady August it was surveyed and showed no damp. I re wired re plummed and had all the walls skimmed shortly after we moved in I noticed this stain on an internal wall. It had now spread all along the wall and around the corner to the front external wall. The house is solid brick with a bitumen dpc. The plumber closed and plastered the air bricks no idea why. Could this just be a ventilation issue with the new plaster absorbing condensation? I really don't want to have to start hacking plaster off as am now completely skint after all the work I've done on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have asked two builders to come and look at it but they both let me down.

Sponsored Links
I blame the faulty stop cock and lead in the wall.

WHY HAVE YOU POSTED THIS QUESTION AGAIN???

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned I have had a plumber look at the pipes in the kitchen and feels it is not a leak. Sorry to have angered you but when you have spent a year doing a house up, run out of money to spend on it, a husband who works away and a line of tradesman who have let me down you get a little anxious about these things. That is why I posted it again.

The trouble is your asking questions to keyboard warriors who can not see your 'problem'. Get a second opinion.

Andy

Sponsored Links
When the walls were skimmed it sealed walls that should breath. Ignore the ..... above. Blocking the vent will have added to the problem.

this stain
did you mean to attach a photo?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

edit:

i see the probable problem was identified in your earlier thread
Oh dear think plumber may have told some fibs. ... Is it leaking also I appear to be getting my water through a lead pipe and as it is buried into the wall what do I need to dig up to find out if it's leaking. ....

and so was the probable solution
Well as you've guessed it's almost certainly a leak so you'll have to dig it up and trace it back to get rid of the lead. ... I'd be sorting it as a priority if I were you.

I think you need to ask your friends and neighbours to recommend a competent local plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back