Is this roof done right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a natural stone roof, I know the stone thickness varies so there’s some gaps but some stone when pressed down lever up the ones above, is this normal cause of type of roof?

Attachments

• 72B50885-9C00-428C-8F95-EE12BD64682E.jpeg
    72B50885-9C00-428C-8F95-EE12BD64682E.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 439
  • 4416BDBA-71A7-426B-B5D7-1CE35E3823B9.jpeg
    4416BDBA-71A7-426B-B5D7-1CE35E3823B9.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 433
Sponsored Links
the stuff should have been sorted for thickness before fixing.youve got unequal butts and cocking up here and there .
the gauge or layout or batten headlap could also be wrong.
cocking up will probly cause noisy chatter on windy nights.

looks like they had to shunt the courses this way and that way opening up and tightening down the joins.
the pointing for the wet ridge is rough.
the pointing in the verge is well bad.
there should be an fibre cement undercloak at the verge .

Umm, thanks for the reply, not what I was wanting to hear, does anyone else agree with this assesment??

I agree as a roofer should ov been graded first
If you need any assistance give me a bell

Sponsored Links
the idea is the op has come on here for advice on an advice site so why should he call you unless youve come on here to promote yourself?

the idea is the op has come on here for advice on an advice site so why should he call you unless youve come on here to promote yourself?

Lets hope his roofing is not a comparable standard to his grammar :mrgreen:

Would this justify taking it all of and doing it again ?

No, An undercloak would have been better, theres plenty of roofs function perfectly well without them.

The slates should have been graded but will still serve its purpose.

only you and a roofer on site could make that call.
thing is if what you can see looks rough then maybe corners have been cut out of sight. you could get a hose pipe up ther an spray a water test to check for any obvious leaks.

They had little idea. But depending on how they secure the stone all may not be lost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back