Is this safe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From what i have read on these forums i don't belive it is but i thought i would check.

Where i work we have a metal sink with a small water heater mounted just above the sink (20cm) from the top of this heater there is a cable in plastic conduit running to to a fcu approx 60cm from the top of the sink which has a exposed cable about 4 cm in length which then goes back inside some plastic conduit.

I will try and get a picture but is this safe?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't know mate. Do you get a lot of people having shocks from it? Do lots of people fall over on the slippery floor and bash their heads?

Seriously, I guess it is probably not particularly dangerous. By which I mean, no more dangerous than many other electrical installations. By which I mean, in fact not very likely at all to cause anyone any harm.

Now, did you mean, does it comply with regulations. This is a very different question to the one you asked. regulations can be a bit vague about distances from washbasins. Yours sounds a bit close, but that depends upon whether there was a practical alternative. And in any case would not be banned. I trust the visible wires are all properly insulated and not liable to getting wet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back