Is this safe?

That's quite probably true - but one imagines that the 'floating' G?Ys were 'originally' connected to something (maybe became disconnected when OP was removing the tape from the block?)

Kind Regards, John
Yes John ,quite possible. I can't imagine what the little bit of floating earth wire was connected to ,top right of pic.

Sponsored Links
Yes John ,quite possible. I can't imagine what the little bit of floating earth wire was connected to ,top right of pic.
Agreed. That bit isn't even stripped, so it obviously has not 'become disconnected' from anything recently. It looks as if it has just been cut, so maybe it's a leftover from some bygone situation, and hasn't been used at all in recent times. On the other hand, the the two on the left could easily (if they were 'loose') have been pulled out of the connector block (e.g. when 'untaping' it).

Kind Regards, John

It was connected to an old neon tube light. Unfortunately it fell and the cables came out before I took the photo. There were two sets of wires going to two different parts of the tube.

I'm aiming to replace the neon tube with a led strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back