Is this structural? Can I remove this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to the forum, just moved into a new house and started decorating. Came across these cupboards build into the recess of the dormer window gaps. Want to remove the doors and the slam panel in the middle. Just wanted to check that it wasn't structural to the dormer?

The upright on the left is brick so I won't remove that but wanted to remove doors and the rest. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Sponsored Links
Really so that wooden upright in the middle of the doors is a strucural part of the dormer?

Ha yea I know silly ipad putting images wrong way round... If only house was upside down!

Sponsored Links
Really so that wooden upright in the middle of the doors is a strucural part of the dormer?

Ha yea I know silly ipad putting images wrong way round... If only house was upside down!

Its just a door stop for the doors.

Yes do it. If your house falls down don't come back to me. :D Only kidding.

Both sides removed and the house is still standing! Many thanks guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back