Is this switch wired incorrectly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I'm new to the forum.
I was hoping for some sound advice before I call someone in and look silly :oops:
I'm about to replace a cracked wall mounted 20A DP switch.It serves a storage heater.
The connections are as follows,
The feed neutral is connected to top terminal 1 , the feed phase to top 2 (so it is nearest the earth connection)
The HRC flex phase is connected to the bottom terminal directly below top 1 and the HRC flex neutral is connected to the bottom terminal below top 2.
Is something arse about face here?
I've checked other DP switches in the house and the feed phases are connected to top 1 and feed neutrals to top 2 every time
The flex connections correspond with the top ones.
The storage heater has served me well for a number of years!!

Sorry if this is a daft question.

Steve

Sponsored Links
As it is a double poled switch it doesnt really matter. If you look closely on the switch it will be marked with either L load N load L supply N supply or even L in N in L out N out, you get the picture, no matter what, make sure that you wire it correctly, it would be a good idea to check the other end of the flex is connected the correct way around too.

I've checked the other end of the flex already and it was sound.
Many Thanks 1John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back