Is this untidy or is it just me?

J

Johnmelad502

Some earths don't even appear to have been sleeved.

A customer asked me what I thought. Not being a spark, I reserved judgement and said I would ask the experts. :)

Sponsored Links
Looks as rough as a badgers ar*ehole

I'ts hard to say without seeing the cover off, but I'm not filled with confidence.

It doesn't look nice!
The cables shouldn't be stripped back until they inside the consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
That's more than untidy - it's wrong.

If what you can see from the outside is that bad, then you can bet it's worse under the cover of the CU.

If that has just been done, get the cowboy back to put it right. I bet you it wasn't a registered spark who did it and I bet he didn't provide a test certificate for it.

I'll ask the customer tomorrow if I can remove the cover and get a picture.

The property is a three story town-house completely rewired, including smoke detectors etc.

And WTF is the 6th from the left?
the blackish twisted cable?

Looks like an old bonding cable. Not a complete rewire then!

A complete 'rats-nest' inside without a doubt!

He needs to pay particular attention to the first 5 words of the second paragraph on the yellow sticker!

"Great care should be taken...."

It looks bad with the conductor insulation showing outside of the consumer unit, although I must admit the Spark has avoided removing any of the top surface of the enclosure so retaining its IP4x rating....a common defect I encounter on PIRs !
The true test ,as stated by others is what is found when the cover is removed and whether the correct paperwork has been provided.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back