Is this Worcester Bosch Thermostat a suitable replacement for a Honeywell ST9400C?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have given up on the Honeywell thermostat which like the previous 2 or 3 has developed a mind of it's own. I have followed the Technical Departments instructions to wire in capactitors across various terminals & the suggestions from others who have suffered the same problem.

The unit I am considering is this one:

WORCESTER BOSCH 7733600001 COMFORT I WIRELESS ROOM THERMOSTAT PLUG-IN PROGRAM

I did message the retailer this question but I didn't get a response.

Or is there a thermostat (other than a Honeywell) that is tried & trusted?

Thanks very much!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Well the Honeywell ST9400C is a dual programmer that has hot water and central heating control in it. They are designed to control heat only or system boilers with central heating and a separate hot water cylinder.

The Wireless thermostat you refer to will control central heating only and will only fit certain models of Worcester combi boilers that don't have a separate hot water system. (hot water cylinder).

So, based on the above the answer is no.

To replace a Honeywell ST9400C which is dual channel you would need a dual channel thermostat, such as Nest 3rd Gen / Hive Dual Channel / Tado Smart Thermostat with Hot Water control / Wiser 2 Channel etc.,

However, some information describing your heating & hot water system would allow confirmation, which may be why you didn't get a response to your earlier post.

Thanks very much, that's really helpful.
My system has a hot water cylinder with a motorised 3-way valve.
I will have a look at the thermostats you have suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back