ISAR 24 HE PCB question ( not the usual one!!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my son and I have managed to blow the PCB on his boiler ( Makes a change from it doing itself) by stupidly trying to wire in a lightwave boiler switch via zoom ( yes I know)
The boiler switch replaces the thermostat, I suspect that ( despite advice to the contrary)the feed from the thermostat to the boiler was 24v and that we may have shoved 240v down it!!
Obviously , big bang and no working boiler. So the search for a new pcb begins. The one he has got is in a white box but the pcb looks reddy orange. I have seen the replacements all seem to be in an orange box. SO after searching on here it seems the part is 174486. Does this sound correct. Whilst I am on here can someone confirm that the feed from the thermostat should indeed be 24v? Finally anyother things that might have gone bang at the same time?
Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
New PCB will be in an orange box and that is the correct part number, switching for the thermostat is between L1 & L2 and is 240v you never connected a Neutral in there did you ? there is a fuse on the pcb is it blown ?

Thanks for the speedy reply.
The fuse wasnt blown but there was burn damage on the pcb (see the pic below)
Also what is now really confusing me is that although he has told me its a isar he24 the picture he sent doesnt look like any of the ones that i get from google when i search isar he 24

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-28 at 18.17.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-28 at 18.17.15.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 72
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-28 at 20.18.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-28 at 20.18.35.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 73
OH Dear you couldnt have gotten that more wrong, that is a Vokera Easi heat and the thermostat switching on that is indeed 24 v , new PCB time

Sponsored Links
Ian,
Are you saying that boiler is a vokera - all the paperwork he showed me was for an ideal isar
Oh what a mess

Yes definately a vokera , if he looks at the bottom of the chassis under the drop down electronics panel the data badge should be there

I will bloody kill him !!!
Ian Thanks so much though you have saved me buying another ideal pcb, just have to source a vokera.
What are they like as boilers though?

yes decent boilers, getting a PCB will be easy, if he takes a pic of the data plate I will send you the part number

Ian,
So attached is the photo of the plate
Realizing that there are 2 pcb types, he phoned up vokera and they said that the part no is 20069541. Sound correct to you.
Sadly due to work I cant get there today ( and I dont think he is brave enough to tell his girlfriend that she cant have hot water for another day!) so he is going to have to buy from wosley) it seems like a straight and simple swap- my only concern is that if there are jumpers that need sorting- but i guess it will be like for like. would you be able to point me in the direction of the jumper location?
I cant thank you enough .

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 09.26.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 09.26.00.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 61

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back