isar HE-24 man enough for another rad and a shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I know I could go and research the prod. literature, Bhus etc but I would like some opinions on this:- we currently have a isar HE-24 boiler that supplies 3 rads downstairs, 4 rads upstairs and a shower/bath in a regular semi-detached with the combi in the kitchen downstairs. It was installed before we moved in 7yrs ago and apart from an early incident with a PCB failure seems (6 years ago) to be working fine. Anyway time has come that we are considering a extension in the loft which would add another rad and ensuite shower to the load on the HE-24. So I am wondering if this boiler is man enough for the task or if we should go ahead with the extension with the view that it might need to be replaced with a more powerful model(aka suck it and see). Obviously I know there would be a limitation on the shower(s) not be used at the same time

cheers

Adam

Sponsored Links
Radiator definitely (and many more besides that, 24Kw is a lot for heating) but not so much another shower. Definitely wouldn't be able to run them both at once, but then almost all combi boilers are the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back