WB 30CDi being installed Monday - does it need notifying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my old normal boiler condemned today - Friday 13th and all that... :confused:

Having a WB Greenstar 30CDi fitted in Monday and the tanks and cisterns removed.
Few questions.

1) We have an 'average size' four bed semi-detached with one bathroom + one downstairs wc/basin and small ensuite with electric shower and basin. Bathroom contains one bath and one mixer shower so not likely to be used at the same time! In total 8 room rads and 3 'towel rads'. Is the 30CDi big enough? According to the corgi guy (who made the call based on experiance) and the WB simplistic sizing calculator the 30Cdi should be OK but just wanted to check... I would spend the hour or so it would take me to run through one of the more comprehensive calculators but life seems too short.. :rolleyes:

2) Is the work notifiable?? The corgi guy wanted to fit TRV's throughout so I guess that he is trying to comply with current standards. I assume that the work has to be notifiable by law? What are his obligations to do that??

3) Is it normal for him to warranty his work? He hasn't mentioned any..

Not trying to catch him out(the corgi engineer) but we made the decision to do the job very quickly and didn't get time to search around and all my questions seem fair anyway.

Any help welcome!!

Ta. Scott.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is notifiable.

He has to give one years warranty and he is supposed to fit TRV's.

Size should be OK as long as you understand the limits of the hot water.

Cheers Dan.

I had already bought the TRV's (and some extra lagging) with a view to those bits of the job myself in a room by room renovation I was doing... I suppose that this accelerates the whole process.

I do understand the limits of the hot water. It will not be as 'good' as the HW tank system it replaces but it is what it is.

Is the 1 year warranty a legal statutory warranty?

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

Yep one year is mandatory- although there will be some exclusions on the old pipework.

If you are worried about hot water performance look at the Atmos Multi 24/80+

Sponsored Links
What :?:
0336123.jpg

No it was supposed to be an innocent...

This is "The Ma Chan"

[/img]

He's coming home tomorrow along with the missus - can't wait! Haven't seem them since January 4th (well on the web cam but that doesn't count).

Hijacked post! :) Nice photos!

Does that Atmos boiler sell for around £1700? It looks like a smart idea but a bit too rich for me at the mo.

Rgds, Scott.

He's coming home tomorrow along with the missus - can't wait!

Back on the diet of raw fish then!

For the OP I would wonder why he is having a combi fitted!

I would have been quoting for a new heat only boiler. Possibly suggesting a Worcester 18Ri.

Far cheaper and retains the existing hot water performance. Probably about £1800 excluding the TRVs.

I do hope the combi merchant has measured the mains water flow rate!

Tony

Depends on the options and how much of the Unvented controls you want to do yourself. But no they are not cheap.

They compare to a good quality boiler, 150/210 litre unvented cylinder and the ancillary controls with the labour to set it up (over and above a standard Combi).

The clincher is a Combi is the hot water for only 24kW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back