Isolation Project (during Covid19)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to build some stud walls whilst Isolation. Can lightweight stud walls be made from pre made and purchased 'sort of' tiles that could be joined etc?. Already plasterboard face etc...

Sponsored Links
How would that ever work? Please Google stud walls and you should be able to see how stud walls are actually made. Basically, whilst you can pre-assemble some (timber) stud frames on the floor yourself ( bearing in mind that every house is different), and raise them into position, it often isn't possible to do that with metal studs where, like timber studwork, you normally have to fix the sole plate to the floor, then the header to the ceiling, and finally cut the studs to length and fit them. In older buildings you'll often find that the ceiling isn't quite parallel to the floor, meaning that a pre-built approach would never be a go-er

The only pre-made walls I'm aware of are Paramore partitions where pre-manufactured wall panels are slid into tracks at floor and ceiling level, but these aren't really a DIY product. Google "partition wall systems" if you are still keen

Last edited by a moderator:
My isolation project to do with wood is hinged around photoshop where you can do the seeming impossible, spotting near extinct species.
loo-role.jpg

Greater spotted loo-role.

Sponsored Links
They are really rare round here, too. Thank goodness we have a renewable resource alternative at the bottom of our garden - that patch of dock I didn't get round to clearing last summer might yet come in handy!

Hang a polythene sheet.If you get it bad undertakers will make use of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back