ISOLATOR SWITCH

How would you get one of these isolators installed without doing any of the following:
  • Incurring delays waiting for the DNO to attend.
  • Incurring costs for DNO attendance.
  • Illegally pulling the supplier fuse.
  • Working with live conductors.

Isolators fail, as do main switches. Having two of them in series doubles the chance of a failure.

I think the connections are poorer than henley blocks which have nice round holes for your tails, and two screws per connection, and even if they get hot it doesn't really matter, it's just a solid brass bar. I can't remember having ever seen a failed henley block.

I haven't fitted a henley block for years either.

Sponsored Links
How would you get one of these isolators installed without doing any of the following:
Whichever you choose, it is only ever needed once.

Thereafter, no need to choose one.

How would you split the tails to supply another CU or a switchfuse?

Do you think that if you have got multiple CUs etc that a single point of isolation is required?

Edited to fix broken quote.

The DNO insist on fitting an isolator in the new supply that will laid into in the cottage I am about to buy.

How would you split the tails to supply another CU or a switchfuse?

I would happily use a henley for this, but I've not had a job where this is required for a long time.

Do you think that if you have got multiple CUs etc that a single point of isolation is required?

If each CU has a main switch, then no.

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their posts, unfortunately they have become a bit too technical for me, however I'm glad they sparked a lot of debate! javascript:emoticon(':LOL:')[/b][/i]

Isn't there something in the GN's about a single point of isolation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back