Fitting of Isolator switch for Scottish power to connect to?

The job is done!

Not straightforward at all though, When I called Scottish Power again to book the job in, they didn't understand what I wanted so gave me a Norweb phone number. The girl on the phone at Norweb asked me what number I rang SP on, then transferred me back to them! After several conversations with equally clueless customer service people, I told them that 'Meter Liason' had been mentioned in an email, So they gave me a direct phone number for them. Meter Liason were pretty helpful, understood what I was asking for and gave me an appointment for an engineer to visit to connect up the switch.

The guy arrived this afternoon as planned (United Utilities) but said he'd only been sent to reseal the meter?!? After some explaining, he agreed to connect up the isolator. Then there was another problem, the heads of the terminal screws inside the meter had been sheared off so the cables couldn't be removed! He had a spare digital meter in the Van so he replaced it, then connected up the switch. He tested the ring main with a 'plug-in device' before and after, and fitted seals to the fuse & isolator.

All in all a pretty good service from UU. The phone number for Scottish Power's Meter Liason is 0141 568 6137.

Cheers for all the help and advice :D

Sponsored Links
Quite a lot of Scottish electricity is hydro, so it can sometimes be a bit wet - maybe the screws had rusted away?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back