ISP INTERNET LINE KEEPS DROPPING / CUTTING OUT & RECONN

But, are Softus and Boxcleva the same person??????

LOL. Love to see Softus' face when he reads that. But no, we are not the same person. :LOL:

Oh and one last thing. As it is now really late the internet is now not disconnecting. So this time thing, evening thing, really does seem to have something to do with it.
Dosnt it????

yet again , lets get the basics right first

Sponsored Links
Ok then, I suppose 'great minds think alike'.
Will do the lead thing tomorrow and let you know. I will also try and upload a pic of how everything is here.

This thread is priceless. I still can't make my mind up whether or not its a wind up. The last few posts have had me laughing my head off. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

please delete - I really can't be ar*ed.

LMAO. I read your post before you edited it.

I think you have to be heavily inebriated to post in this thread. Thank god for Jack Daniels :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Right lets get one thing out the way. THIS THREAD IS NOT A WINDUP.
I now have the filter straight into the master socket with the ADSL at the modem end. As you can see I am connected, now whether this will disconnect soon I will have to wait and see but the 2 green lights on the modem are solid and I have nothing else connected, no phones, etc.
What happens now?????

Sponsored Links
DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK BUT THIS IS EXACTLY HOW ALL THE CABLES RUN.
Why is there no diagram it says upload successfull and I see my pic in the uploads but not on here. How do I get it on here.

Assuming you mean upload to your images at diynot to your album you need to insert the code for the image into your post. Select the image and click on it - from the new page select the code for diynotbb code and paste into your post.

I have managed somehow to put in a link to the diagram which you can see if you click the little thumbnail each time you will see a big pic.
But still dont know how I get it directly into my post.
Also my internet line has not dropped yet, still pugged straight into master socket. Is this starting to mean something.???

Sorry, should have put a clearer explanation.
Try this:
Goto Images under DIYnot title bar. My Albums page will open

Click on the image you wish to show in your post

A new page will open showing your image and at the top there are 2 boxes DIYnotBB code and externalBBcode. Select DIYnot BBcode box and copy text. Place this text in your post and image should open correctly without any link - the text will read something like {net]59124/4333_57464644.jpg[/net].

bleh.jpg

My edit on your diagram assumes that the cable that runs from the master socket to the Bt socket on your diagram is wired into the master socket and doesnt plug in the front

Thats correct. the cable is wired to master socket.
But if I put my filter at the phone end then I wont have one for the other end. Or do I need to just purchase another ADSL filter.?

Or do I need to just purchase another ADSL filter.?

Bingo!!!

No wonder the bloody thing disconnects if thats how you have it set up!!!

Get another filter and I assure you it will be fine.

Right, so can I for now leave everything as it is on my diagram. Then tomorrow purchase an ADSL filter and connect this into the Master Socket and then plug my phone into the ADSL filter. but leave all other cables as they are.
By the way this still has not disconnected yet. (strange).

Right, so can I for now leave everything as it is on my diagram. Then tomorrow purchase an ADSL filter and connect this into the Master Socket and then plug my phone into the ADSL filter. but leave all other cables as they are.

Correct.

By the way this still has not disconnected yet.

It will.

Sponsored Links
Back