ISP INTERNET LINE KEEPS DROPPING / CUTTING OUT & RECONN

Thank you, I will let you all know how I get on.
I am pushing my computer base back in now as at the moment its balanced on a little bin. Not very practical while I am reaching over it writing all these posts.

Sponsored Links
My provider did a line test when i was having problems recently and reported a fault on my line i proceeded to check all my equipment and connections and did the router into the test socket test to see if it would solve the problem but didnt, I even asked BT to check the line and to my surprise they said there was nothing wrong with my line on both the occasions with just the router/filter setup plugged in and also with nothing plugged in!

I knew something wasnt right as it was impossible to make a phone call even with any phone in the test socket due to excessive crackling on the line.

Eventually I took the risk of allowing a BT engineer to visit even though I was warned that if no fault on their part would have me face a hefty repair bill. Though I was 90% confident that it was a fault up to the test socket. Also I suspected the "old" grey incoming cable as the new cable they use is black sheathed and indeed the engineer put his fault tracer on the line and informed me the fault was "19 feet or metres"(??) away from the house and he'd replace the cable, problem solved!

Well Ladies, looks like you were right after all.
I purchased another ADSL microfilter to put at my telephone end and since 5.30pm the internet has disconnected just once. I will just put this down to 'this can sometimes happen'.
BUT! and I dont want to sound like a moaner.
BUT! You see my telephone line is perfect. My internet stays connected, but there seems to be this awful hissing sort of noise coming from my PC unit. It has only happened since putting the filter on. Its not serious but I noticed it as soon as I sat down at the PC. Its like a static ee sort of noice.
I'v moved the base around a bit and hit it gently. Is this nothing?
I could always sit in here with ear muffs on and then I wouldnt hear it. So until it is completely solved I cannot send out that £120 cheque to the solver.
By the way Softus went very quiet. I noticed the post Softus put on was deleted. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I would imagine the reason Softus went quiet is that the answer to your problem was in his first post in this thread. Back on page 1 !!!

I have no idea what the noise is , but it isnt caused by the filter I can assure you.

BUT! and I dont want to sound like a moaner.

Too late.

Sponsored Links
So until it is completely solved I cannot send out that £120 cheque to the solver.

I have no interest in your money. A simple 'thank you' would have sufficed.

And the problem you were complaining of has been solved.

My fault, I rambled a bit in post just before I did forget to say thanks.
So thank you all, I cannot believe this thing has NOT disconnected.

Does anyone know anything about dripping taps???? I will of course put this in the correct forum.

thanks again. ;)

looks like you were right after all.
I believe that BoxCleva has this point covered.

I dont want to sound like a moaner.

I believe that BoxCleva has this point covered.

there seems to be this awful hissing sort of noise coming from my PC unit.
You've probably knocked some fluff into the path of some fan blades.

By the way Softus went very quiet.
I got bored, and BoxCleva had everything covered.

I noticed the post Softus put on was deleted.
Since BoxCleva had everything covered I deleted what I'd posted and asked the Mods to delete the post.

Hmmmmmmmmm.
Is that you or the fan?

Does anyone know anything about dripping taps?
Lots of people do. Why don't you just service it?

thanks again. ;)
Not exactly unequivocal thanks, is it? :rolleyes:

My hoover has a little brush on it, should I give it a light hoover?
I know I moved the base yesterday to check the leads etc so maybe I have disrupted something.
And by the way that was big THANK YOU its just that you cant hear me.

Do NOT use any kind of domestic vacuum cleaner inside the PC.

Use a product like this:

Sponsored Links
Back