Issue with notifications on the texecom app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Im a new user to this forum and wondered if someone could help me with an issue im having, im not an alarm engineer

I had a texecom premier elite alarm system installed 2 weeks ago, ive registered everybody with the app, when some arms or disarms the alarm, we all get a notification straight way to say that the alarms been set and which actioned it, however the alarm was set off one day as someone forgot the alarm was on part set when they went to the bathroom, however nobody got a notification, we then did further testing by setting off the alarm purposefully and still no notification, the engineer that did the install is not being helpful and is just saying "have you checked your notification settings"

Can someone please advise on how i can proceed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying, i have the master code, not the engineer code as the engineer will not give it to me, is thereba way i can check this?

does it work in full set.

which zones were activated, do you have a zone list and there functionality in full and part set.

if the engineer set it up and its been two weeks contact the engineer raise your concerns they should be able to log into the panel from the office and check and make the adjustments remotely.

Sponsored Links
We currently have 3 part sets, each set being different rooms in the house, i will try if we get the notification when it goes off for fullbset today and let you know

if it has been installed two weeks and it isn't working as expected contact the engineer/ installer/ company.

you cant change anything without the engineers code that would affect coms and if you try and do something yourself now you could invalidate any warranty the installer has provided.

Part arm coms allows coms when system is part armed, but you cant get to that menu from a user code.

The issue is, the engineer doesn't seem to know about texecom alarms as he installs all different vendors ones

I tested full set and i got a notification that it set off instantly

I tested part set the exact same way and no notification

Ive spoken to the engineer and told him the difference and he said he will look at the settings again

The engineer is refusing to give me the engineers code, as its maintained by him for the 1st year, he says if he gives it to me then he wont look after any of the kit
Hes a registered installer for texecom so its frutrating his knowledge on it is extremely lacking

No idea what’s going on but it would take him seconds to sort and don’t know why you aren’t asking him to sort.

How do you know he’s registered engineer for Texecom systems and do you know what that actually means?

Texecom website points you to approved Nsi or SSAIB installers. This does not state what equipment they install, without going on individual's websites.

Last edited:
navigation of the new site isn’t great, but registered installer status applies to any who registers nothing more nothing less. You can get training certificates when you attend training courses.

You need to connect vis Wintex software, either over smartcom or buy a USB cable from Ebay,

Using Wintex software, create an account etc and receive the existing config and then go to Comms, under ARC uncheck Open/Close (arming/disarming) and uncheck maintenance,, this will allow only Alarm triggers to send notifications .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back