Texecom connect v2 no Alarm notifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need a little help with missing alarm notifications. I have smartcom v2 (04.01.07) and latest version of the connect app (2.0.24) running on both Android 13 and IOS. I reliably receive push notifications for everything except alarms. Same on both phones, we get armed/disarmed notifications every time, but nothing when the alarm goes off. It happened yesterday, neighbours called to say the alarm was going off, app didn't report it, no notification or sound, nor was it listed in the app event calendar. Tried a few times today, setting off the alarm and nothing gets notified to the app. A few mins into the alarm, the app buttons did flash, but nothing else.

I have push alerts set in the app and have alarm reporting ticked in the comms tab in Wintex/panel. Wintex has the alarms in the events log, but are listed as "Not Reported". It did work when I initially set up the panel, so not sure when it stopped working. I did update the smartcom a few days ago and have rebooted it too.

Any help appreciated
Dave

Sponsored Links
I've sorted it - part arm comms wasn't set for the area.

Hi, need a little help with missing alarm notifications. I have smartcom v2 (04.01.07) and latest version of the connect app (2.0.24) running on both Android 13 and IOS. I reliably receive push notifications for everything except alarms. Same on both phones, we get armed/disarmed notifications every time, but nothing when the alarm goes off. It happened yesterday, neighbours called to say the alarm was going off, app didn't report it, no notification or sound, nor was it listed in the app event calendar. Tried a few times today, setting off the alarm and nothing gets notified to the app. A few mins into the alarm, the app buttons did flash, but nothing else.

I have push alerts set in the app and have alarm reporting ticked in the comms tab in Wintex/panel. Wintex has the alarms in the events log, but are listed as "Not Reported". It did work when I initially set up the panel, so not sure when it stopped working. I did update the smartcom a few days ago and have rebooted it too.

Any help appreciated
Dave
Hi, I've got a similar issue where we're getting alarm notifications on iOS but not on Android. Do both of yours now work? I'm getting standard push notifications when the alarm is triggered on Android but no loud ringing alarm. Texecom rather than Standard alert sounds are selected in the app. On iOS (with the same settings afaik it rings loudly when the alarm is triggered). Any idea where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
should really start another thread.

android needs to wake up when notifications received so the chances are that the android device is sleeping and not waking up., however dont know what settings you have setup for the user logging into the app at the app side or Texecom cloud side.

I would check your phones user manual and check the app is setup to wake up on receiving a notification, usually 20 minutes or so after setting the alarm the android notifications may not show up as the phone is sleeping to save power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back