Issue with thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I have a vokera Thermostat and a Vokera Riello easi heat plus Product order code 20116909 which was recently installed to replace an old Vokera boiler and it has worked great since. However, I noticed the other day when I turned the dial clockwise to turn up the temperature on the stat that it instead turn the temperature down, even though I was turning it clockwise? I kept turning it clockwise and it eventually did go up to the temperature I wanted it at, but it was a case of 2 steps forward 1 step back. ie it was originally at 18c and I turned it clockwise and kept turning it clockwise and it went to 17, 18, 19, 18, 19, 20, 19, 20, 21? why is this? have you heard of this before? what does this indicate? how can this be fixed? If I need a new stat then what is the cost of this? and can I connect it to the boiler? or would an installer need to come out to do this?

I have brand new batteries in the stat.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'd hazard a guess that the set temperature on the stat was 16c/ 17c.

Turning the dial will go up / down from the set temperature, not the current temperature :)

Thanks, well the temperature set was 21 but as its sooooooo cold right now I wanted to turn it up to 23, however when I tried to turn it up, which normally it does without an issue, it instead went down and I literally had to keep turning and turning it up before it eventually went to 23, but in the process it was going like 20, 19, 18, 19, 18, 17, 16, 17, 18, 19, 18 etc etc....until it eventually went to 23?

Sponsored Links
have to assume you have a programmable room thermostat :cautious: Some of these have parameters to be set during installation-only if required thou.

have you reset the thermostat to factory settings and set it up from new ?

Worth a bash :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back