Issues removing wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place for this.

We moved into our house a few months back, and the wallpapering generally wasn't great (e.g. Peeling, bad corners, etc). I've begun on our small bathroom removing the wallpaper with the intention of painting it instead. Slowly getting there! However I've hit some issues. Plaster has come off, not masses, but I'll need to replace it, and in parts there wasn't even plaster in the first place. A bigger issue, I think, is that at some point someone has nailed up board to the corner of the bathroom and wallpapered over it. I can't just paint over it. How do I tackle it? Do I cover it in something before painting, does it need removed? Picture attached (hopefully)

IMG_2879.jpg

Sponsored Links
The hardboard should be removed and replaced with suitably secured plasterboard, then the whole area should be skimmed with new plaster.

As its a Bathroom and a small area, it would probably be better if you got a Plasterer in to reskim the walls
Shouldnt be more than a mornings work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back