Issues with toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all I have issues with the toilet , it is around 25 yrs I was wondering if you can change the whole syphon as it takes along time to fill up aswell I have enclosed a pic , can anyone recommend a replacement thanks

Attachments

• 1AC048D2-2E98-4931-94F2-89D53C16CA7B.jpeg
    1AC048D2-2E98-4931-94F2-89D53C16CA7B.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Why not just change the fill valve..Are you sure the water supply is ok? No valves partially closed etc?

The syphon controls the flushing, your problem seems to be on the inlet or water supply side, so look to changing that part.

Blup

Sponsored Links
You can change the syphon, but if it’s working I would leave it alone. If you want to change it that’s fair enough, I would change to a fluidmaster syphon, but you will need a Close coupled kit to replace underneath. If it’s just struggling to flush due to a lack of water, then I would repair or replace the inlet valve, however I would recommend getting a bottom entry to match yours rather than a side one, like has been suggested. Just be careful as a lot of bottom entry (inc fluidmaster) now require a double check valve on the inlet supply. A Torbeck B671AC does not need this requirement.

If tank fed and installed with high pressure valve instead of low pressure the fill will be very slow.
( the little red gismo in the pic is the spare valve).

Sorry this might be a stupid question going to get the part today as been on hol there is no isolating valve on the water inlet fill, do i have to totally isolate the water to change the valve, if thats the case i will do it at the stopcock

Unless you want an uncontrolled flood you will need to close the supply at the stopcock.

Just make sure it does isolate the toilet. Flush it and see if it starts to fill or not.

If you have a cistern in the attic and it's fed from that then it'll be a different valve you need to shut off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back