toilet flushing problem .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys...i ve just replaced the complete syphon in my toilet, because the diaphragm in the old syphon was torn and the toilet wouldnt flush....anyway i replace it with this similar one from screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44047...on-203mm-8?cm_re=SEARCHPROMO-_-SYPHON-_-44047

simple straight forward replacement..however ive noticed that when flushing the toilet the water doesnt come down with pressure behind it, and consequently the contents of the pan do not flush out and sometimes it takes 4 or 5 flushes....i didnt adjust anything on the syphon, left it as it was..it fitted the syphon straight out the pack..does it need priming or something or even adjusting.?...any help please...ta

Sponsored Links
did you adjust the flush volume to 9 litres :?:

with the plugs ;)
that was quick reply...no mate, i didnt adjust anything, left it as it was......the water in the tank is as high as i can get it, i adjusted the ball valve to this.....toilet was working fine with the old syphon, just the diaphram was torn, wish id kept that old syphon and took off the diaphram from this new one.....lol

from the picture which plug do i take out or leave in to adjust to max of 9 litres ?..

Did you cut away some of the exposed screw threads after fixing the syphon in? If they are too long they can bottom out on the pan ceramic restricting the flow. (Close coupled loo). For full flush, leave the plugs in. :)

Sponsored Links
no its not a close coupled loo...there were no threads exposed...it was exactly like the old syphon...quite simple to fit actually....both plugs are in so it fills 9l...how do i get the air out. ?....lost the instructions..threw them away after i fitted it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back