It’s all your fault if you are a man

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I didn't realise we were talking about a specific case, thought the comment was in general.

My brother is a lefty two of my best mates are, but I'm sure we all stand together on this.

But there are some out there who will have to think now when the next deportation comes up against a man who has committed a sex crime.

Sponsored Links
93% of murderers are White men.
80% of female victims were murdered in or around home
11% were murdered by a total stranger.
A child is more likely t0 be killed/abused by a family member or friend of the family/trusted adult.

In no way should this be used to argue against the genuine fear that females have when walking around.
As a bloke I try my best to avoid anything that might spook a lone female walking.
Knowing what to do is hard. Should you drop back and seem like you're following?
Or rapidly walk past and cause distress?

A child is more likely t0 be killed/abused by a family member or friend of the family/trusted adult.

In no way should this be used to argue against the genuine fear that females have when walking around.
As a bloke I try my best to avoid anything that might spook a lone female walking.
Knowing what to do is hard. Should you drop back and seem like you're following?

On a morning before my Yoga class I walked along the river early about 7am. There was a youngish girl walking behind me.

a little further down I see this fella come out of the bushes behind me, as if he was trying to avoid me.
I had seen him earlier while walking up the river. It seemed strange to me, he could have been having a píss. but in the context of me seeing him first time and the second time didn't add up to me.

I waited for the girl to walk past full well knowing that I could spook her. She didn't so I took a walk to see if I could find her. she had gone.

My Yoga teacher was a copper I told her about it but felt I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. And I most probley was as I never heard anything in the local news.

I Know I was dramatising the whole thing but I felt I needed to see if she was ok.

As another statistic, murder victims are 2.5 times more likely to be male.

In the day time i wouldn't make a special effort to cross over the road or drop back if i came across a lone female in the area in which i live, which is a sleepy rural market town. Its quite common to see lone females walking along the canal path near our house, and there isn't really any way to cross over the road or avoid them in that situation. That being said, i'm rarely out on my own nowadays and am normally out with my 10 year old son, wife or both. I would have thought a father with a younger son wouldn't be perceived as a threat anyway.

When it's dark it's a different matter. When out running, if i come across a lone female (or older man) i will go out into the road to run past and make it clear that i'm giving them space or cross over. I don't do it consciously on the basis that i feel that i'm threatening, i do it more out of courtesy to give them space, particularly with the current covid concerns.

Yeah, I try to go for a walk around the village every day, and it is awkward when there is a female walking along in front of you and you start to wonder if they think you might be following, but you have nowhere else to walk other than power past them (I am too slow for that these days!) or turn around.

My little girl will be starting big school in September. I worry sick as she now has longer to walk and she will eventually take the short cut that's through a small wooded area.

Sad to say my wife isn't keen on walking our dogs now after all the dog-napping stories floating about.

To be honest I'd rather she stay at home if we can't go out together.

I've often worried about her when she's been on work or girls nights out, sad state of affairs really.

I worry about Mrs Bod walking the Dog in the morning. Behind us is a brook/ meadow/ small forest. People are camping in there. Sure they are not a risk but as said yhe fear is greater than the reality.

Are all these dog napping stories real? Police in my local area (Chelmsford, Essex) put out a notice that it is not happening, just people spreading fake news on social media.

Yep unfortunately, Police managed to recover a stolen van (Transit) and they found stolen dogs inside not a million miles from where we live.

I can believe not every story is true though but there's big money in selling them on unfortunately.

There is no remedy to the issue IMO in the UK

woman in some Latin American countries have been protesting for years

India another such place were woman are attacked and there seems to be no real deterrent

dire ear a Stan were young girls are threatened with death if they dare to go to school

s*** hole countries for woman and young girls

And yet last year the whole world turned upside down with people protesting and defending the life of a man who held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly....

Can you imagine how scared she was... is he going to harm my baby kill me or rape me...

Sponsored Links
Back