It’s stunning!

DRM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or it should be!

According the LBC just now, it takes 7 to 10 seconds for an animal to become unconscious after having its throat, windpipe and blood vessels slit by a sharp knife.

Surely in this day and age in a civilised country, all animals must be stunned before being slaughtered.

I presume at one time this was a requirement of British Law, surely the RSPCA would have seen to that, but if this is the case when was the law changed?

Muslims say that it’s okay for them to do it because the Jews are allowed to do it, but I say two wrongs don’t make a right.

Sponsored Links
And it's probably longer, depends on the skill of the man with the knife. There's many a story of slaughterhouses doing it wrong, as well as animal cruelty.
It is UK law to stun before slaughter, but that is set aside on religious grounds.
I think something like 80% of Halal now stun and slaughter, but I won't be happy until it's 100% of all animals in the UK who are stunned, no matter what faith.

Warn ya, if you go googling for stories, you're going to feel a bit sick :(

Nick had several Muslim experts on to explain the ins and outs, but he couldn’t make moss nor sand out of any of em.

All they wanted to talk about was that it is part of their religion.

They wouldn’t have had stun guns when their religion was formed, but we have now.

There was no mention of the 80% figure but there was talk about displaying whether or not it had been stunned on the packaging.

BTW, can you explain your warning?

I think the official figures - or stories - of the amount of Halal meat animals that are stunned is around 80%. So there's still 20% of animals that are killed while not stunned and this is ok. Apparently.
Kosher should also be stopped and the UK slaughterhouses which allow cruelty also stopped. As you said, in this day and age there is no reason for it..

If you go googling for animal slaughterhouse stories, you may be sickened. Just thought you may as talking about this?

Sponsored Links
I got told by a chap who used to calibrate the weighing machines at slaughter houses when he walked past the cows they used to dash to the opposite side of the holding pens they were terrified and knew what was going to happen to them, he stopped eating meat.

Don't know this chap after his reaction to earthlings no way could I watch it

The Koran permits Muslims to eat non Halal meat. So why do we allow Muslims to slaughter animals without stunning them?

The Koran permits Muslims to eat non Halal meat. So why do we allow Muslims to slaughter animals without stunning them?
Because those in charge are part of our own religious conspiracy and so we are told that their religious beliefs must be respected however ludicrous they may be, so if they campaign for it they must not be upset.

Why are the vociferous muslims so selective in which of their silly rules we must all observe?

Do they campaign that we all should be circumcised?
Why do they do it when it makes them look like Jews?
Why does god want them to cut off the end of their dicks?

There are no sensible answers.

Would you like me to hold your hand then?
I don't get all weepy over animals. Even in their own domain, it's a rough world. They rip each other to bits (whilst alive) in the name of food. I'm not sure you will ever be able to make mass slaughter an attractive enterprise.

I'm not sure you will ever be able to make mass slaughter an attractive enterprise.
? What's that about?
There are a lot of mouths to feed on earth. Simply asking the animals to have a lie down and take an overdose of sleeping pills does not work. Its a shoitty job but someone's' gotta do it. Glad it's not me.

Does your link insinuate that all slaughterhouse employees are at higher risk of smacking up their girlfriend or murdering their neighbour?

I'm not sure you will ever be able to make mass slaughter an attractive enterprise.
? What's that about?
There are a lot of mouths to feed on earth. Simply asking the animals to have a lie down and take an overdose of sleeping pills does not work. Its a shoitty job but someone's' gotta do it. Glad it's not me.

Does your link insinuate that all slaughterhouse employees are at higher risk of smacking up their girlfriend or murdering their neighbour?
No, not the ones who treat animals humanely. There are those who don't care what they do to them and some that take delight in hurting them. That's what I meant.
Yes, there's a lot of mouths to feed. Don't have a problem with eating meat, as you know as I've said before when this came up, I do have a problem with rearing them cruelly and killing them cruelly. We are supposed to be the more advanced creature on the planet, able to feel empathy and kindness.. ha.

And yes, 'glad it's not me' is the normal response of most meat eaters. Not much thought given to how their animal ended up on the table - I wonder how many people could actually kill their dinner nowadays when there's so many other choices available. Bet not as many as eat meat nicely packaged from Sainsburys.

Choosing to be cruel when it's simpler not to be is not cricket. However, the whole meat production process is governed by demand and economics. Employees have neither the time or the wish to lose their job to be able stroke the animals fur as he slowly passes on.

Your emotions are blurring the lines between pets and livestock

I wonder how many people could actually kill their dinner nowadays .
Slaughtering is only part of it - butchering the meat is equally as repugnant.
My missus is nails. She can do that thing with a pheasant where you hook its feet and pull the skin of it like an old coat.

Sponsored Links
Back